- What led Dudley Laws to become involved in activism, particularly in regards to issues faced by Black Canadians and other marginalized communities in Toronto?
- What were some of the major accomplishments of Dudley Laws during his activism and community leadership?
- How did Dudley Laws's experiences as a Black Canadian shape his activism and the issues he chose to focus on?
- How did Dudley Laws's approach to activism differ from that of other Black Canadian activists of his time?
- What specific issues did Dudley Laws focus on in his activism, particularly in regards to the Black community and other marginalized groups?
- How did Dudley Laws's activism and leadership influence the broader movement for civil rights and social justice in Canada?
- What was Dudley Laws's role in the civil rights movement in Toronto?
- How did Dudley Laws's race and gender shape his experiences and the reception of his activism?
- How has Dudley Laws's legacy been remembered and celebrated in the years since his death?
- How has Dudley Laws's story been told and retold throughout history and how has this impacted the way he is remembered today?
- How do you feel when you see incidents of police officers beating or shooting Black people on tv or social media? Do these occurrences help or harm the relationship between the police and the black community and how? Explain.
- What do you think is the legacy of Dudley Laws and his impact on Canadian society? Discuss your answer.
- Have you had a negative interaction with the police? What could the officer have done differently? What could you have done differently?
- Why did Laws co-found the Black Action Defense Committee (BADC)? Is there a need for sure an organization now? Why or why not? What recent events n Canada and worldwide validate or invalidate the need for such an organization?
- What social issues did Dudley Laws prioritize in his advocacy? What social issues would you prioritize if you were an advocate like him and why?
- What roles do the police force play in society? Why are they important?
- Why is it important to educate the police force on race sensitivity and racial bias?
1. Dudley Speaks For Me by Ngardy Conteh George for the Akua Benjamin Legacy Project
2. 90 Seconds with BLACK CANADA: Dudley & Charley
3. Dudley Laws Canadian Civil Rights Activist