Donald Oliver was the first black male to sit in the Senate and the second African-Canadian
QUESTIONS (READING COMPREHENSION):
1) Was Donald Oliver the first African-Canadian to be appointed by the chamber?
2) Is Donald Oliver just a politician?
3) When did Donald Oliver serve in the Senate of Canada?
1) What is the role of a Canadian Senator? Is it important for the senate of Canada to reflect the diversity of Canada?
2) Define the Order of Canada and the Order of Nova Scotia. Why is it important for these two Orders to acknowledge Canadians and Nova Scotians of African descent?
3) Oliver was a lawyer and a Politian, explain how those two roles complement each other in society (What advantage does being a lawyer offer to a politician and vice-versa)