Wayne Adams is a Canadian former provincial politician who was the first African-Canadian member of the Nova Scotia House of Assembly and cabinet minister. Adams was first elected to the Halifax Municipal Council in 1979. He was re-elected five times and deputy mayor from 1982 to 1983.
QUESTIONS (READING COMPREHENSION):
1) Where was Adams first elected?
2) How many times was Adams re-elected?
3) When was Adams deputy mayor?
1) Why is it important for Black people to be involved in municipal politics?
2) Why is it important for Black people to be part of the decision-making process at the municipal, provincial and federal level?